- In the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio on the right-hand side, right-click References and then click Manage NuGet Packages…
- In the NuGet Package Manager select the package source The Portal Connector set in step 4 of Preparing for Upgrade.
- If you want to upgrade the Sitefinity version of your project, upgrade the Sitefinity.All NuGet package now.
- Find the PortalConnector.All package that matches your current TPC and Sitefinity version and click the Install/Update button. If you are developing against a class library rather than a Sitefinity site, you can install the PortalConnector.Core package.
The Portal Connector package versions follow a standard convention. We can look at the following example to understand that convention.
Example: PortalConnector.All - 220.127.116.11
6.2 – This indicates that the package is for The Portal Connector version 6.2.
130 – This indicates that the package is for Sitefinity 13.0 (Any patch version).
101 – This indicates that the package is Revision 101.
- In order to utilize the latest Razor templating features, The Portal Connector utilizes the package Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform. This package should modify the web.config when it is installed with the product, although in some cases the web.config will not be modified. Verify that the following code has been added within the configuration element of the web.config, or add it manually.
<compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.CSharpCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:default /nowarn:1659;1699;1701" />
<compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.VBCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:default /nowarn:41008 /define:_MYTYPE=\"Web\" /optionInfer+" />
- If you intend to use the PowerBI Add-on with TPC version 5.3 or TPC 5.2, you must add the following assembly to the web.config at the following location configuration > system.web > compilation > assemblies.
<add assembly="System.Runtime, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
- Once the package has been installed to your Sitefinity project, Rebuild your solution in Visual Studio. The project should be ready to run!