Now that the Portal Connector binaries are installed, we need to activate the module in order to gain access to all of the custom widgets and functionality TPC provides.
To activate The Portal Connector, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Sitefinity backend
- Under the Administration menu, select Modules & Services
- Scroll down until you find “The Portal Connector” module. On the right-hand side of this option, select “Actions” and then “Install”. This process usually takes between 2-4 minutes, depending on server speed.
- After installation and activation of this module, you are ready to use The Portal Connector.
- For users wishing to utilize the new MVC features, you must also install and activate The Portal Connector (MVC) module. Once this module is installed, all new MVC widgets and features will be available to you within the toolbox.
This section will show you how to apply your license to your Portal Connector installation. For more information on licensing please contact sales at email@example.com
You can read The Portal Connector End-User License Agreement here: https://www.crmportalconnector.com/license/eula.pdf
- Navigate to the license keys page on The Portal Connector web portal found here.
- Select View Keys next to the portal where you wish to install the license.
- On the next page, click View on the appropriate TPC version for your installation.
- Copy the contents of the License Key in the text box to your clipboard.
- Log in to the Sitefinity backend of your portal.
- Under the Administration menu, select Portal Connector Licensing.
- Paste the license key from your clipboard into to the license text area.
- Click Update License.
- If the correct license was copied, the Portal Connector will be licensed with a valid license