The Portal Connector 4.3 Release
The Release of The Portal Connector 4.3 is proof that we care about portals and are driven to provide the best portal experience for Dynamics Customers and Partners!
This release continues to provide enhanced integration and forward compatibility with the new features and entities included within Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM. The Portal Connector is committed to ensuring your portal solution has a positive impact on your business and the services you deliver.
The key features of this release include new widgets and enhanced design framework to create custom user experiences, support business processes, and provide adaptable configuration capabilities
- Dynamics 365/CRM Activities Widget– A customizable view into Dynamics 365 / Dynamics CRM activities for specified entity records. This new widget will allow users to open and edit activity details.
- Inline Editable MVC Views – Create custom user experiences without having to create MVC views on the file system. This new template editor will allow portal admins to create custom MVC views directly inside of The Portal Connector widgets.
- Picklist Enhancements – Support for the new picklist features in Dynamics 365 Spring Wave. With these enhancements, selecting a multi-select picklist in the widget designer enables the appropriate UI changes for the widget.
- New KB Experience and Widget Set – Newly redesigned, full MVC based widgets for interacting with Knowledge Base Articles. This new widget set can be configured to function with your legacy KB articles or with the Interactive Service Hub article structure.
- Virtual Entity Support – Support for the new virtual entities in Dynamics 365. Virtual entities in Dynamics 365 provide configurators the option to consume OData services, providing a window into the data returned by any of these web services. The Portal Connector in turn can display the read-only data from any Dynamics CRM virtual entity.
- A good use case for this would be the ability to consume read-only invoice information from an external accounting system, and then display this invoice information seamlessly to your Portal Connector portal for your users.
Watch a Video of the New Features in Action!